01 December 2012

December

Today is the first of December and I regret to say that I am not basking in the glory of writing 50,000 words. I am, however, very happy that I participated in NaNoWriMo this year and am somewhat content with what I've written and plotted so far. My novel didn't end with November; I plan on picking it up again in January (or sometime this month, if I can find time between holiday festivities).

Today I enjoyed a delicious lunch and fika (that's Swedish for coffee break) to celebrate the end of NaNoWriMo and what I feel is the official beginning of the holiday season. It's exciting to see houses decked out with tacky holiday lights and shops alight with tinsel and white lights. Everything is white, glittering, and beautiful. My silver Christmas tree is up and I'm ready to burn holiday candles (Christmas cookie flavour).

Regardless of the overly-hyped and probably misinterpreted Mayan prediction of the end of the year, which is widely anticipated to end in an awful mess, I continue to have high hopes for December. Starting this month and continuing through the new year I'm going to start book reviews again. I took a hiatus of reading, reviewing, and blogging in November because of NaNoWriMo and end of semester work. Now that all that is wrapped up (semester ends next week!) I can focus on writing reviews and starting to work as a freelance copy editor.

Looking forward to in December:
// Writing more reviews
// Watching season two of BBC's The Hour (the first season was brilliant!)
// Seeing The Hobbit and Skyfall
// Christmas shopping

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your sweet blog and wanted to say so!
    I love the way you've used my mandalas - I love seeing them floating around the internet.
    Looking forward to being a regular follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've been a follower of your blog for a little over a year now. Your posts are very inspiring.
      And thank you for letting me use your mandalas!

      Delete